20 tháng 6, 2011

Người hàng xóm (My Neighbor) - Nguyễn Bính (1938)


Watercolour painting of Butterfly, Caterpillar and Chrysalis on cruciferae. "Papilio Brassicae. Male and Female. White large garden Cabbage, from nature May 8th 1802 by Katherine Plymley (source: Darwin Country)

Nhà nàng ở cạnh nhà tôi
Her house is next to mine
Cách nhau cái giậu mùng tơi xanh rờn
Separated by a verdant, vine-covered hedge
Hai người sống giữa cô đơn
The two of us live in solitude's midst
Nàng như cũng có nỗi buồn giống tôi.
It seems she has a sadness like my own
Giá đừng có giậu mùng tơi
If only there were no vine-covered hedge
Thế nào tôi cũng sang chơi thăm nàng
I'd find away to go over and visit her
Tôi chiêm bao rất nhẹ nhàng
I dream a very gentle dream
Có con bướm trắng thường sang bên này...
That there's a white butterfly who often comes over here...
Bướm ơi, bướm hãy vào đây
Butterfly, oh butterfly, come inside,
Cho tôi hỏi nhỏ câu này chút thôi
Let me ask you a little something.
Chả bao giờ thấy nàng cười
I've never seen her smile.
Nàng hong tơ ướt ra ngoài mái hiên
She dries moist silk outside on the veranda roof
Mắt nàng đăm đắm trông lên
Her eyes gaze pensively upward
Con bươm bướm trắng về bên ấy rồi
The white butterfly has already gone back over there.
Bỗng dưng tôi thấy bồi hồi
All of a sudden I feel uneasy
Tôi buồn tự hỏi: hay tôi yêu nàng?
Sadly I ask myself: do I love her?
Không, từ ân ái nhỡ nhàng
No, since an earlier unrequited affection
Tình tôi than lạnh tro tàn làm sao!
How my love has turned into cold, burnt out embers
Tơ hong nàng chả cất vào
Her silk threads left out to dry aren't even put away
Con bươm bướm trắng hôm nào cũng sang.
That white butterfly, every day it crosses over
Mấy hôm nay chẳng thấy nàng
These couple of days it hasn't seen her
Giá tôi cũng có tơ vàng mà hong
If only I had golden silk threads out to dry
Cái gì như thể nhớ mong?
Something like that, wouldn't it seem like longing?
Nhớ nàng? Không, quyết là không nhớ nàng!
Miss her, no, I'm determined not to miss her!
Vâng, từ ân ái nhỡ nhàng
Yes, since that earlier unrequited affection
Lòng tôi riêng nhớ bạn vàng ngày xưa.
My own heart misses a golden friend from long ago
Tầm tầm giời cứ đổ mưa
Unceasingly the sky pours down rain
Hết hôm nay nữa là vừa bốn hôm!
At today's end it will have been four days!
Cô đơn buồn lại thêm buồn
Sad solitude has become even sadder
Tạnh mưa bươm bướm biết còn sang chơi?
When the rain stops, butterfly, will you still know how to cross over there?
Hôm nay mưa đã tạnh rồi
Today the rain has stopped
Tơ không hong nữa, bướm lười không sang
Silk threads no longer hang out to dry, the lazy butterfly hasn't crossed
Bên hiên vẫn vắng bóng nàng
At the veranda her shadow's still absent
Rưng rưng tôi gục xuống bàn... rưng rưng...
Wistfully I slump down at my desk ... wistfully ...
Nhớ con bướm trắng lạ lùng
I miss that strange white butterfly
Nhớ tơ vàng nữa, nhưng không nhớ nàng
I miss those golden silk threads too, but I don't miss her
Hỡi ơi bướm trắng tơ vàng
Oh white butterfly, golden silk threads
Mau về mà chịu tang nàng đi thôi
Hurried back to mourn her, nothing more
Đêm qua nàng đã chết rồi
Last night, in fact, she died
Nghẹn ngào tôi khóc, quả tôi yêu nàng
Choked with emotion I sob, apparently I did love her
Hồn trinh còn ở trần gian
A virginal soul that existed in this mortal world
Nhập về bướm trắng mà sang bên này.
Has entered into a white butterfly and crossed over here.

Không có nhận xét nào: