Tôi là người bộ hành phiêu-lãng
I'm a rambling wanderer
Đường trần gian suôi ngược để vui-chơi:
Up and down life's highway for fun
Tìm cảm giác hay trong tiếng khóc, câu cười,
Looking for fine sensation in tears and laughter
Trong lúc gian lao, trong giờ sung sướng,
Midst hardship and happiness
Khi phấn đấu cũng như hồi mơ tưởng.
In struggle just like reverie
Tôi yêu đời cùng với cảnh lầm than,
I love life with its scenes of privation
Cảnh thương tâm, ghê gớm, hay dịu dàng.
Scenes painful, terrible, or gentle
Cảnh rực rỡ, ái ân hay dữ dội.
Scenes brilliant, loving or bitter
Anh dù bảo: tính tình tôi thay đổi,
You say: my personality changes,
Không chuyên tâm, không chủ nghĩa: nhưng cần chi?
I lack concentration, ideology: but who needs that?
Tôi chỉ là một khách tình si
I'm just a dandy
Ham vẻ Đẹp có muôn hình, muôn thể.
Mad about Beauty, multifaceted, multiform
Mượn lấy bút nàng Ly Tao tôi vẽ,
Borrowing Miss Li Sao's brush, I'll paint
Và mượn cây đàn ngàn phím, tôi ca
Borrowing a lute of thousand frets, I'll sing of
Vẻ đẹp u trầm, đắm đuối, hay ngây thơ,
Beauty, melancholy, impassioned or naive
Cũng như vẻ Đẹp cao siêu, hùng tráng
Just like a transcendent, majestic Beauty
Của non nước, của thi văn, tư tưởng.
Of the nation, of verse and thought
Dáng yêu kiều tha thướt khách giai nhân;
The charming, graceful look of a beautiful lady
Ánh tưng-bừng linh hoạt nắng trời xuân;
The spirited lively light of spring sunlight
Vẻ sầu muộn âm-thầm ngày mưa gió;
The look, mournful and gloomy, of rain;
Cảnh vĩ đại, sóng nghiêng trời, thác ngàn đổ;
Awesome scenes, waves across the skyline, a mountain cascade;
Nét mong manh, thấp thoáng cánh hoa bay;
Ephemeral features like gleaming flower petals in flight;
Cảnh cơ hàn nơi nước đọng bùn lầy;
Scenes of deprivation in a muddy mire;
Thú sán lạn mơ hồ trong ảo mộng;
Brilliant pleasures dimmed in reverie;
Chí hăng hái đua ganh đời náo động:
An eagerness to confront life's tumult:
Tôi đều yêu, đều kiếm, đều say mê.
I love, I seek and I'm enraptured.
Tôi sẵn lòng đau vì tiếng ai bi,
I'm ready to feel pain because of mournful sounds,
Và tôi cảm khái bởi những lời hăng hái.
And I'm aggrieved by eager words
Tôi ngợi ca với tiếng lòng phấn khởi,
I praise with an inspired voice
Tôi thở than cùng thiếu nữ bâng khuâng,
I sigh along with the sorrowful lass,
Tôi véo von theo tiếng sáo lưng chừng,
I tunefully follow the wavering flute,
Tôi yên ủi với tiếng chuông huyền diệu,
I'm consoled by the mysterious bell's peal,
Với Nàng Thơ, tôi có đàn muôn điệu,
With the Mistress of Verse, I have a lute of a thousand tunes
Với Nàng Thơ, tôi có bút muôn mầu;
With the Mistress of Verse, I have a pen of a thousand colors
Tôi muốn làm nhà nghệ sĩ nhiệm mầu;
I want to be a bewitching performer;
Lấy Thanh-Sắc trần-gian làm tài liệu.
Who extracts from the world's Tones and Beauty a document.
nguồn: Thế Lữ, "Cây đàn muôn điệu," Phong Hóa số Tết 1934
This remarkable poem was dedicated to Hoàng Đạo (Tứ Ly, real name Nguyễn Tường Long), one of Thế Lữ's colleagues from the Self-Reliance Literary Group (Tự Lực Văn Đoàn). It's a pity that the events of 1945-1946 separated these two friends and colleagues.
The poem exalts a world of beauty and feelings available to the creative artist, a creative artist who allows the beauty of nature and an understanding of and sympathy with humanity to shape his works.
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét