14 tháng 10, 2016

Lưu biệt (A Poem On Leaving) - Trần Huyền Trân (1939)

Thôi thế anh về yên xóm cỏ
That's it, go back peacefully to the grassy hamlet
Xứ nghèo đã cỗi gốc yêu thương
A poor region was the source of your love
Nhớ nhau vẩy bút làm mưa gió
Missing each another I gesture with a pen to make rain and wind
Cho đống xương đời được nở hương
So life's heap of bones can bloom and be fragrant

Thôi thế anh về yên xóm cỏ
That's it, go back peacefully to the grassy hamlet
Ngoài kia thiên hạ bụi đang lên
Over there with the crowd, dust is rising
Xá gì khi thép còn hơi lửa
Despite steel being still in the flame
Còn cần nước mắt để tôi thêm
I still need tears give me more

Thôi thế anh về yên xóm cỏ
That's it, go back peacefully to the grassy hamlet
Có buồn khêu lại ngọn tàn đăng
There's sadness embroidering the tip of the waning lantern
Chứ tôi bệnh trẻ không than thở
You know I've the disease of youth and cannot complain
Với chiếc đầu lâu chẳng nói năng
With a skull that cannot speak

Thôi thế anh về – tôi đi đây
That's it, go back -- I'll come here
Cây nào có gió không thèm lay
Is there a tree in the wind that does not shake
Chim nào có cánh không thèm bay
Is there a bird with wings that isn't eager to fly
Lòng nào có máu không thèm say
Is there a heart with blood that isn't eager for passion

Tôi đi thực đấy! dù gian khổ
I'm really going you know! though there's hardship
Đời có như người lính bị thương
Life exists like a wounded soldier
Một tối rùng mình lau máu rỏ
One night he shudders, wipes the draining blood
Cũng không khép mắt đóng sa trường
Also doesn't shut his eyes stationed at the battlefield

Tôi đi đã biết lúc quay về
I went knowing when I turned back
Bóng dáng tôi xưa sẽ nặng nề
My image from long ago would be heavier
Bên mẹ già tôi lau mắt lệ
By the side of my old mother I wipe away tears
Thương tôi vạt áo đụp còn che
Loving me, shirt flaps patched up that still protect

Thôi đợi mùa nao trái chín lành
So, waiting for some season of a nourishing fruit
Tóc này về rúc với râu anh
This hair returns snug with your whiskers
Bấy giờ hắt toẹt ba chung rượu
At that time spitting and sputtering three cups of wine
Cười để tâm tình thuở tóc xanh
Laughing to reminisce the days of youthful hair

Láng, 1939

nguồn: Thơ mới 1932-1945: Tác giả và tác phẩm (Hà Nội: Nhà xuất bản Hội Nhà văn, 1999).

Không có nhận xét nào: