1 tháng 9, 2020

17 năm 17 đoạn thơ (17 years 17 quatrains) - Trần Mộng Tú (1992)

sau khi đọc "Ta về" của Tô Thùy Yên 
after reading "We return" by Tô Thùy Yên

Em ở nơi này mười bảy năm 
có khi cất tiếng gọi dòng sông 
có lúc bóng chùng lên bóng núi 
sao núi sông vẫn đỗi lạ lùng

I've lived in this place for 17 years
there are times I've called out to the river 
moments when my shadow has lingered in the mountain shadows
why are river and mountain still strangely spaced

Thảm cỏ này bao lần thay sắc
gót chân in dấu vẫn chưa quen
bầy sẻ đó em không biết tuổi
thoáng bay qua thoáng đậu bên thềm

These grasses have changed color so many times
the imprint of footsteps not yet known
those sparrows, I don't know their ages
rush to fly, rush to land at the steps of my house

Em ở nơi này mười bảy năm
mưa trên mái gỗ rất âm thầm
tiếng mái tôn xưa mưa tháng Sáu
khua thức trong tim nhịp trống đồng

I've been in this place for 17 years
silent rain on the wooden roof
the corrugated roof of a June long ago
thumps in my heart, a bronze drum

Nắng hạ cũng vàng thêu áo lụa
chẳng ai níu vạt tặng câu thơ
chữ hiếu như kim chìm đáy biển
chữ tình gió thổi đến xác xơ

Summer sunlight yet golden embroiders a silken blouse
no one pulls at the flap to present a poem
the word piety is like a needle sunk to the sea bottom
the word love tossed and tattered by the wind

Em ở nơi này mười bảy năm
vườn sau hoa mướp cũng nở vàng
hoa táo hoa lê cài trong tóc
chỉ tiếng ong bay vẫn ngỡ ngàng

I've lived in this place for 17 years
a garden in back, melon flowers bloom golden
apple and pear blossoms pinned to my tresses
just the buzzing of puzzled bees

Cũng rắc tình lên từng luống đất
mỗi cọng rau thơm một cọng buồn
đĩa muối lát gừng bưng ngang mặt
khựng trên môi nỗi nhớ quê hương

Love's complications also arise upon each furrow of earth
each sprig of mint, a sad sprig
a dish of salt, sliced ginger carried past my face
suddenly stops the longing for home on my lips

Em ở nơi này mười bảy năm
sao như chiếc lá giữa cơn đông
mặt gió dắt tay vào định mệnh
rơi xuống đâu thì cũng hóa thân

I've lived in this place for 17 years
like a leaf in the frost
wind in my face guided me to my destiny
where ever I fell, there I was embodied 

Mấy ai có được điều mong ước
người vẫn sống bằng những giấc mơ
bánh Thánh cứ ăn nuôi hồn vọng
tóc có đầy hoa tuyết vẫn chờ

Not many are granted their wishes
people still live in dreams
a Manna still eaten to nurse one's hopes
flowery tresses full of snowflakes still wait

Em ở nơi này mười bảy năm
giấc xuân vẫn lạnh một góc chăn
có đêm trăng sáng choàng cơn mộng
tưởng hỏa châu sa xuống chỗ nằm

I've lived in this place for 17 tears
spring dreams still feel cold at the blanket's edge
with a bright moonlit night enfolding the dream
imagining it's a flare falling where I lay

Ôi lửa Na-pan trên quê cũ
tiếng thét kinh hoàng của trẻ thơ
cả một ngôi làng trong biển lửa
khói cay trong mắt đến bây giờ

Oh, Napalm flames in my old homeland
frightened screams of youngsters
the whole village in a sea of fire
bitter smoke in my eyes even today

Em ở nơi này mười bảy năm
khóc cha khóc mẹ khóc vầng trăng
xương thịt mẹ cha vùi đất khách
vầng trăng quê cũ vẫn muôn trùng

I've lived in this place for 17 years
crying for my father, my mother, for the moon itself
flesh and bones of my parents buried in foreign land
the moon of my old village still goes on forever

Tình dưới hàng cây hiền như lá
trăng nhòa hai bóng lẫn vào nhau
tiếng ve hát rộn đêm mùa hạ
người đi chỉ giữ được tiếng sầu

Love beneath rows of trees, gentle like the leaves
the faded moon, two shadows together
cicadas hum noisome in the summer night
the walkers only able to hold on to the sound of grief

Em ở nơi này mười bảy năm
hoa đào vẫn chiết mỗi độ xuân
cánh cửa mang mang câu thơ cũ
ngọn gió đông xưa thổi giữa lòng

I've lived in this place for 17 years
peach blossoms still grafted every spring
doors engraved with ancient verse
winter winds of long ago blow through my heart

Hoa chẳng vì em hoa vẫn nở
lượng trời rót xuống rộng vô ngần
em đứng giữa bờ sôi giếng mật
ngụm xuân trong miệng bỗng rưng rưng

The flower, regardless of me, still blooms
heaven's power pours down with exceeding bounty
I stand midst a sweet riced edge of a honeyed well
a morsel of spring in my mouth suddenly moves me

Em ở nơi này mười bảy năm
buông vào nhật nguyệt nắm tuổi xuân 
cầm như thả tuyết vào lò sưởi
những cánh hoa tan dưới lửa hồng

I've lived in this place for 17 years
released into passing suns and moons that seized the days of my spring
holding on like turning snow loose into the fireplace
blossoms dissolving beneath the rosy flames

Tóc đã sợi đen chen sợi trắng
mắt cười đã lụn bấc đam mê
người vẫn từ quê ngơ ngác đến
ngượng môi không dám nhắc…chuyện về

My hair has black threads mingled with the white
smiling eyes, passion's wick extinguished
someone who's still from the village arriving bewildered
clumsy lips that dare not bring up... a return

Em ở nơi này mười bảy năm
người ơi! chim khóc phải xa rừng
gọi những thân cây còn đứng thẳng
có nghe tiếng cánh đập trong lồng.

I've lived in this place for 17 years
people! birds cry when they're far from the forest
asks the trees still standing erect
whether they hear wings flapping in the cage.

nguồn: Trần Mộng Tú, Thơ tuyển bốn mươi năm 1969-2009 (Tác giả, 2009)

Không có nhận xét nào: