18 tháng 9, 2019

Biệt kinh kỳ (Farewell to the imperial capital) - Minh Kỳ & Hoài Linh (1961)

Riêng tặng những chàng trai xếp bút nghiên theo nghiệp đao cung
Dedicated to the boys who put down their pens to follow the art of war

Bạn ơi! quan hà xin cạn chén ly bôi,
Friends! to the frontier I ask you to down a farewell drink,
Ngày mai tôi đã đã đi xa rồi.
Tomorrow I will already be gone.
Thành đô lưu luyến chắn bước chân tôi trước giờ chia phôi mấy ai không bùi ngùi kỷ niệm buồn vui mãi ghi trong hồn tôi. 
The town slackens my steps before the moment of departing, there isn't anyone who isn't melancholy with memories happy and sad forever etched in my soul.

Rồi đây mai ngày ai hỏi đến tên tôi,
From now on if anyone asks about me,
Bạn ơi! hãy nói "khoác chiến y" rồi. 
Friends! say I've "thrown on a warrior's uniform."
Người thư sinh ấy đã xếp bút nghiên giã từ trường yêu với bao nhiêu bạn hiền có về là khi nước non vui bình yên... 
This student has put down his pen, bid farewell to his beloved school with many kind friends to return when the land is peaceful and happy...

Nhớ lúc lên đường đưa tiễn chân tôi, thương lên khoé mắt mẹ nhắn đôi lời, diệt thù lập công cho xứng tài trai, sắt son ghi lòng, chớ phai. 
Remembering when I hit the road when they bid farewell, sorrow for the corner of mother's eyes with her few words of advice, wipe out the enemy earn merit fitting for a capable lad, be true, swear to your heart, don't forget.

Ai đi chinh chiến xây đắp tương lai, con đi chinh chiến để nước yên vui lời mẹ hiền khuyên nguyền khắc trong tim bao giờ dám quên.
Many go to war to build the future, I go to war so that land is happy and peaceful, kind mother's words advice I have vowed and etched in my heart, I'd never dare forget.

Bạn ơi! khi nào ai hỏi đến tên tôi.
Friends! whenever anyone asks about me.
Đời tôi lính chiến cánh chim tung trời.
My life as a fighting warrior is taking wings hurling to the heavens.
Ngày nào khi đất nước hết binh đao giữa đoàn hùng binh có tôi đi hàng đầu, trở về thành đô nắm tay ta mừng nhau. 
One day when the land has no more warfare, among a troupe of heroes I will be in front, returning to town, clasping hands as we celebrate together.

Người đi chiều ấy áo nhuộm bụi đường
The person who left that day, shirt dyed in the dust of the road
Chiều nay về giữa kinh kỳ say hương.
Today returns midst an elated imperial capital.


nguồn: Minh Kỳ & Hoài Linh, "Biệt kinh kỳ" (Saigon: Tinh Hoa Miền Nam, 1962).

Duy Khánh ca "Biệt Kinh Kỳ."

Không có nhận xét nào: