1 tháng 1, 2009

Lòng nào dám tưởng

What Heart Dares Imagine - Nguyễn Bính (Jason Gibbs dịch)

My mother's like a ray of late afternoon sun,
Living long, she's known that much.
Little sister's still young and immature,
Could I be so heartless as to follow you, ignore my responsibilities?

When I'm married, who'd take care of mother? instruct my sister?
If you love me, try to keep waiting.
I've not yet fulfilled my filial debt, done my duty as a sister,
What heart dares dream of the binding threads of love?

(sửa lại theo một vài ý gửi của Ngọc [30/8/2007])

Lòng nào dám tưởng - Nguyễn Bính

Mẹ em như bóng nắng về chìêu,
Sống được bao nhiêu biết bấy nhiêu.
Em em còn trẻ người non dạ,
Há nỡ theo anh, nỡ bỏ liều.

Lấy ai nuôi mẹ, dạy em thơ ?
Anh có thương em hãy cố chờ.
Chưa trọn đạo con, tròn nghĩa chị,
Lòng nào dám tưởng tới duyên tơ.

(Tấm ảnh này do bà Simone Peyrin sưu tầm và Nguyễn Dư cho lên mạng).

Không có nhận xét nào: